I hope you are all having a great Easter long weekend. I'm definitely grateful for the extra few days off work to spend time with family, friends, church and also myself doing things I enjoy and love doing.
One of the things I enjoy is going on road trips around Sydney and visiting the beautiful scenic places Australia has to offer. Nothing makes me so happy than spending time with awesome company, great food and visiting beautiful places. Hunter Valley is definitely one of my favourite road trips get aways from Sydney! I had a great day spending time with family, whilst eating awesome food and visiting Australia's number 1 vineyards and the world's top 3 vineyards. Here are some of the photos I took yesterday with my Google Nexus 4.
:)
Lunch at Hunter Valley Steak House.
What I learnt from this experience was to book before going to Hunter Valley, especially during the public holidays like this. We went to so many restaurants, only to find that they are fully booked for the day. At last, after many tries, we found a place that served decent food with available seats. Yay! I was so hungry by then.
Mum and I had the Bungalow pork ribs which was slow cooked pork ribs with spices. We also had Kipfler Potatoes, Rosemary, Chorizo & Snap Peas with Chilli Tomato Chutney as a side dish.
Dad had the 1824 Beef Fillet Mignot. He also had Steakhouse Fries & Garden Salad with Cafe De Paris Butter as the side dish.
We also had the Garlic & Herb Damper for entree.
Overall, it was a good experience. The pork ribs was delicious and tasted interesting, definitely not your ordinary "Hurricanes" ribs so it was good to try something different. However, the service was really slow. The view was really beautiful, it was set in a beautiful garden overlooking pretty flowers, prosperous leaves and fountains.
Visit website here
...And the exploration begins
After lunch, we visited various vineyards and gardens. Here are some snaps. My favourite vineyard was the Audrey Wilkenson Vineyard.
| Audrey Wilkenson Vineyard |
![]() |
| Two photos in one. |
![]() |
| View from the top of Lindeman Vineyard |
Thanks for reading! :)







No comments:
Post a Comment